- Senior High School
Dear Willmar Parents/Families:
As we continue to monitor the impact of the pandemic on our schools, I want to share an update and our plan for moving to in-person instruction. We are excited to be able to bring students back into our schools in a safe manner. While we will not be able to revert back to all of our pre-pandemic practices, we are happy our students and staff will be back together daily.
Here is a summary of our plans and schedules:
- Pre-kindergarten-grade 5 students will return to in-person learning on Tuesday, February 9th; there will be no school for students on Monday, February 8th to allow teachers to plan for the transition to in-person learning; the current hybrid model will continue through Friday, February 5
- Grades 6-12 students will return to in-person learning on Tuesday, February 23; the teacher planning day will be Monday, February 22; the current hybrid model will continue through Friday, February 19
Until further notice, school days for all students will be shortened by 30 minutes beginning the week of February 8th, to allow for additional planning time for teachers. This means that school will end 30 minutes earlier than normal at most buildings. Details on the start times for each school, as well as other important information, will be shared in emails from each principal sent on Friday, February 5.
It will be critical that we continue to follow strict measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so we can continue with in-person instruction. Here are other important reminders for parents, families, and students as we transition to in-person learning:
- Students and staff will still be required to wear face coverings
- State guidelines regarding meal service will continue to be followed
- Students who are feeling ill should remain home
- The high school will no longer have late starts on Wednesday
We look forward to this return to in-person instruction, but we request that everyone is cautious in following measures so we don't have to go back to remote learning.
Dr. Jeff Holm, Superintendent