Enrollment and registration
Enrolling new students
Whatever the reason you’re enrolling your child with Willmar Public Schools, we’re excited you want to partner with us in your student’s education.
At this time, enrollment is open to all students in grades K-12 new to Willmar Public Schools for the 2020-21 school year. To complete the enrollment process, parents/guardians should register their student with Central Registration at the District Office, found at the Willmar Education and Arts Center, which is located at 611 5th St. SW, Willmar. Registration hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Schools do not handle enrollment and registration of new students.
Parents with questions regarding enrollment and registration may call the District Office at 320- 231-8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The enrollment process
To help with the enrollment process, parents/guardians should have with you the following items for their student:
- Information requested in the Family Registration Packet, including a current permanent address and phone number.
- Birth Certificate or any document that includes birth date, if available.
- Immunization records.
- For Special Education students, a copy of their individualized education plan (IEP).
- Name and address of the previous school attended.
When registering, parents/guardians and/or students will receive:
- A student identification photo.
- Bus and transportation information.
- Free and reduced meal application, if requested.
- Parent Portal access for easy viewing of your student’s information, including things like lunch account balances.
Registering existing students
If you’re an existing parent/guardian with a child or children in Willmar Public Schools, getting set for the next school year is as simple as filling out a Family Registration Packet for each student.