The "Striving for the World's Best Workforce" bill was passed in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready to start kindergarten.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and/or post-secondary education.
- All students graduate from high school.
Why are we focused on this idea?
To be competitive, we must have students who are career and college ready, poised to lead the state's workforce.
For more information on World's Best Workforce at Willmar Public Schools please contact Carrie Thomas at email@example.com.
World's Best Workforce Summary Sheet
MN Department of Education - World's Best Workforce
District Strategic Roadmap
Mission: Inspiring and preparing all learners for their future in our community and the world.
Vision 2020: Willmar Public School District 347 will be the District of Choice to learn and work where:
* I am inspired and valued,
* I am supported in a culture of respect, and
* I am engaged through partnerships between families, community, and district.
High Expectations: Committing to excellence and achievement
Respect: Working hard for self and being nice to others
Perseverance: Overcoming challenges and setbacks
Responsibility: Doing the right thing, in the right way
Relationships: Caring and connecting with others
Unity: Valuing our differences with shared goals and vision
A. Strengthening Family and Stakeholders Engagement
B. Aligning Academic Curriculum, Assessments, and Delivery
C. Strengthening Instructional Design and Delivery
D. Strengthening School Climate and Relationships
E. Refining Our Systems to Better Meet Unique Student Needs
F. Managing Our Resources Responsibly and Innovatively