Welcome to 3rd Grade at Roosevelt Elementary
Use the left navigation menu to meet our 3rd Grade team.
Learning Essential Outcomes September 2017
Reading Essential Outcomes:
- Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
- Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
Nouns (Concrete & Abstract), Pronouns
Writing Essential Outcomes
- (Power writing) Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences: (a) Independently select writing topics and formats for personal enjoyment, interest, and academic tasks.
Reading Level Target
- Students will be able to read a level P or 38 text with 95% accuracy and read 130 words correct per minute to support comprehension (winter goal– 115 wcpm). Students will be able to engage in text at their level with a purpose for 30 minutes a day.
Math Essential Outcomes
- Number Sense/Place Value: Compare and represent whole numbers up to 100,000, with an emphasis on place value & equality.
- Estimating: Round numbers to nearest 10; 100; 1,000; & 10,000. Apply skills to estimate sums and differences.
- Addition and Subtraction: Use multi-digit whole numbers to solve real-world problems 3.2.1 Algebra:Embedded