New Student Enrollment
Enrolling New Students
Whatever the reason you’re enrolling your child with Willmar Public Schools, we’re excited you want to partner with us in your student’s education.
At this time, enrollment is open to all students in grades K-12 new to Willmar Public Schools. To be eligible for Kindergarten your child must be 5 years old by September 1st, of the school year you are enrolling in, or you may contact the Teaching and Learning Department with questions.
To complete the enrollment process, parents/guardians should enroll their student at the District Office, found at the Willmar Education and Arts Center (WEAC), which is located at 611 5th St. SW, Willmar. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Schools do not handle enrollment of new students.
Parents with questions regarding enrollment may call the District Office at 320- 231-8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like information on enrolling your child in preschool please contact Jefferson Learning Center at 320-231-8490.
The Enrollment Process
To help with the enrollment process, parents/guardians should have with you the following items for their student:
- The completed Student Enrollment Packet, you may get a copy of the packet from the District Office to fill out.
- Birth Certificate or any document that includes birth date, if available.
- Immunization records.
- For Special Education students, a copy of their individualized education plan (IEP).
When enrolling, parents/guardians and/or students will receive:
- Bus and transportation information.
- Free and reduced meal application, if requested.
- Parent Portal Request Form to sign up for easy viewing of your student’s information, including things like lunch account balances.
After returning the completed Student Enrollment Packet to the District Office, the information is entered in our system and the school will contact you at the number you provided with a start date and answer any questions you may have.
Enrolling Returning Students
If your child was previously enrolled in Willmar Public Schools and left for any period of time, parents/guardians will have to once again fill out a Student Enrollment Packet to re-enroll their child.