Community task force
Willmar Schools hosted three meetings during the spring with a group of community members from across multiple stakeholder groups to seek their advice to help shape the school board’s response to the district’s financial challenges. The Community Task Force developed a set of priorities to help shape the school board’s decisions:
- Mental Health & Student Safety
- Athletics and Fine Arts
- Class Sizes/Teacher-to-Student Ratio
- Academic Programming and Curriculum Resources
- Instructional Core Focus
Community opinion survey
In June, a survey was conducted to learn about community opinions on a number of topics.
- 76% of respondents rated Willmar Schools as good or excellent
- 72% of likely voters would support an operating levy
- 67% of likely voters would support a bond referendum
Community priorities were in close alignment with those of the Community Task Force. The school board has taken this information to inform their decisions, ultimately resulting in its approving the referendum questions for public consideration this fall.
Community meetings will be held in October to discuss the needs and referendum.