Distance Learning & Resources
Did you know that we have Chromebooks available for checkout? Ask us for more information! The video below shows you how to use a Chromebook: https://www.loom.com/share/edbe2e3663b341b58e5e1a0d10b940d6
Distance Learning apps:
Distance learning opportunities at your fingertips. You can learn from home at your own pace using the following apps:
- MobyMax: All subjects; School code: MN14710; Request an account.
- Rosetta Stone: Reading, Writing, Grammar, Math, Social Studies and Science; Request an account.
- Khan Academy: Math, Science, Grammar, Writing, Social Studies, and more! Talk to your teacher for account help.
- Read Theory: Reading comprehension, quizzes and writing; Request an account.
- EdMentum: GED prep, Accuplacer prep, basic skills; Request an account.
- ReadWorks: Non-fiction reading practice with comprehension questions and writing responses; Request an account.
Other Learning Resources
Earn certificates from North Star Digital Literacy. Learn more here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPC5Er6md4. Contact us to set up a time for proctored assessments in order to earn official certificates! (Students must register with Adult Education prior to use.)
- Click here now to watch videos created by our teachers for our students
- Learning Chocolate vocabulary
- Typing Practice Ratatype
- English Videos on EngVid
- FreeRice for vocabulary practice
- Marshall Stories (PALS)
- Road sign practice
- CASAS Test Practice
- English Learning Resources for short stories, grammar, writing, conversation
- Easy English News (Digital Stories)
- Workforce Center (choose “For Job Seekers”)
- Web ESL for all kinds of English practice, many lessons match our day class monthyly themes
- West Central Tribune newspaper
- The Times in Plain English - Read newspaper articles here.
- ESL Easy Dialogues - For conversation practice
- YouTube (search: Mark Kulek or Willmar ABE)
- Voices of America - Choose your level: Beginning, Intermediate or Advanced.