Lane Change Process
Willmar Public Schools encourages teaching staff to continue their professional development through education. By completing pre-approved educational coursework, a teacher may advance horizontally on the teacher salary schedule. Doing so rewards teachers with an increase in their salary. Teachers must follow the criteria outlined in the Teacher's Master Agreement in order to be considered for a lane change. The following information is a summary of this and includes the appropriate forms to complete in order to meet the requirements.
Salary Schedule Lane Change
- Credits must be germane to the teaching assignment or approved program.
- Pre-approval of credits is required.
- All credits must carry an average grade dquivalent of B or higher.
- All credits beyond the Masters lane must be taken after the Masters Degree Program has been completed and the Degree awarded.
- Teacher's letter of assignment will be changed twice per year only. Transcripts must be supplied in order to process changes.
- Credits or verification must be submitted to the HR department in the District office by November 1 and/or January 15 each year.
- Credits or verification submitted by January 15th are non-retroactive.
- Credits or verification submitted and verifed by November 1 will be paid retroactively to the course completion date or the beginning of the school year, whichever is later.
- Credits or verification submitted after November 1 will not be considered until the following January 15.
- Credits or verification submitted after January 15 will not be considered until the following November 1.
Teachers must have their program and/or coursework approved prior to taking the program or course. Teachers should use the following links to recieve the appropriate pre-approval.
- Application for Pre-Approval of Credits to Advance on Salary Schedule
- Application for Pre-Approval of Advanced Education - Masters Degree Program
- Note: Upon completion of an Approved Masters Degree program, a teacher must submit an official transcript.