Summer Cardinal Strength and Conditioning
STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 7-12 (Fall 2022)
The Cardinal Strength and Conditioning program is centered around building the “Total Athlete”. The program provides instruction of age-appropriate skills through a weight training program and conditioning drills designed to enhance your athletic performance. Athletes can qualify for incentives based on attendance, participation, and performance.
SCHEDULE: The program will run Monday - Thursday each week from June 7th through August 4th. There will be no lifting sessions from July 2nd - 8th, due to the MSHSL no contact period.
MAX OUT WEEK: August 1st - 4th. You must max out in our program to qualify for the Cardinal Strength Clubs. All scores and records will be available for your sport coaches, and you will have the opportunity to qualify for our Cardinal Strength Clubs!
SESSIONS: Session times are listed by gender, grade level, and previous sport participation level to encourage team participation and to help with training progression. If there is a scheduling conflict you can contact Coach Oehlers. Athletes can join any session. Registrations will be taken on a first-come first-served basis. Our numbers are limited to 40 athletes in one session to provide for adequate training opportunities, ensure safety, and increase coaching engagement with athletes.
Session 1 7:00-8:00am FULL
Session 2 8:00-9:00am FULL
Session 3 9:00-10:00am FULL
Session 4 10:00-11:00am OPEN
Session 5 11:00-12:00am FULL
COACHES: Ed Oehlers, Jon Konold, Dain Kalkbrenner, Michael Heitzman, Patrick Courtney, Brianna Ahlers. We are planning for two coaches to be present at each lifting session.
COST: $75 per athlete. Payments must be made online using Campus Portal.
LOCATION: Willmar Senior High weight room
REGISTRATION: We will use Remind as our main method of communication for program information. Go to each of the links below to complete registration and be prepared for the first day.
- Register for your Cardinal Strength Session
- Pay for Cardinal Strength and Conditioning online using Campus Parent Portal
- Sign up for our Cardinal Strength Remind to receive information and updates, and to communicate with coaches
- Create your PLT4M account, and join our workout program
- New athletes that don't have a PLT4M account
- Watch the Registration Video so you can create your PLT4M account
- Download the PLT4M app and create a PLT4M account
- School join code: WILLMAR
- Use your school email and password
- Returning athletes that do have a PLT4M account
- Make sure you can log in to your PLT4M account
IMPORTANT: Only register on PLT4M once with your school email and password. The program was purchased by the school district for the Middle School and High School. Your account will be used throughout your Middle School and High School career in Willmar. Accounts not registered this way will be deleted.
You can also register separately for the new Cardinal Speed program with Coach Foss!