Definition of Bullying Under Safe and Supportive Schools Act
Bullying by definition has four key components:
This definition creates two distinct categories of bullying:
- Bullying is intimidating, threatening, abusive or hurtful conduct.
- It is objectively offensive.
- The conduct involves an imbalance of power and is repeated or
- The conduct materially and substantially interferes with a student’s education or ability to participate in school activities.
- Bad behavior that involves an imbalance of power and pattern or
- Bad behavior that significantly affects a student’s ability to participate in school, classes, or events.