Thank you for your interest in subbing for Willmar Public Schools!
Why be a substitute teacher
It gives you the opportunity to work with children of various ages, flexible schedule and making a positive difference in the lives of our youth!
- Recent college graduates, retirees, stay at home parents and individuals working part-time are excellent candidates for substitute positions.
- Hours and schedules for substitutes are flexible.
- Substitutes for all grades are needed.
- In order to substitute teach you must have a bachelor's degree and pass a background check.
- Substitute teachers earn $130 per day.
- Retired WPS teachers earn an additional $10 per day.
- Recent graduates, retirees, stay at home parents and individuals working part-time are excellent candidates for substitute positions.
- Substitutes are needed for all areas including secretaries/office staff, interventionists, paraprofessionals, playground monitors, crossing guards, lunch room staff and more.
- Individuals can choose specific substitute positions as well as when they want to substitute.
- In order to substitute you must have a high school diploma and pass a background check.
- Substitutes earn $12.25 per hour.
- Retired WPS staff earn an additional $2 per hour.
How to apply
Willmar Public Schools is partnering with Teachers On Call to fill our building substitute teacher and special education paraprofessional positions. Please visit www.teachersoncall.com > Apply Now to complete an online application for employment, or don't hesitate to contact TOC directly at 1-800-713-4439 with questions or for more information.
If you are already employed by Teachers On Call in a surrounding district, please contact them for access to Willmar Public Schools. You need not reapply.