Thank you for your interest in subbing for Willmar Public Schools!
Why be a substitute teacher
It gives you the opportunity to work with children of various ages, flexible schedule and making a positive difference in the lives of our youth!
- Recent college graduates, retirees, stay at home parents and individuals working part-time are excellent candidates for substitute positions.
- Hours and schedules for substitutes are flexible.
- Substitutes for all grades are needed.
- In order to substitute teach you must have a bachelor's degree and pass a background check.
- Substitute teachers earn $130 per day.
- Retired WPS teachers earn an additional $10 per day.
- Recent graduates, retirees, stay at home parents and individuals working part-time are excellent candidates for substitute positions.
- Substitutes are needed for all areas including secretaries/office staff, interventionists, paraprofessionals, playground monitors, crossing guards, lunch room staff and more.
- Individuals can choose specific substitute positions as well as when they want to substitute.
- In order to substitute you must have a high school diploma and pass a background check.
- Substitutes earn $12.25 per hour.
- Retired WPS staff earn an additional $2 per hour.
- Food and Nutrition Services, Secretarial, and Nursing subs must apply on the District Website. These positions do not run through Teachers on Call and you will be contacted directly from someone within the District for opportunities. The pay rates are the same as the general substitutes.
How to apply
Willmar Public Schools is partnering with Teachers On Call to fill our building substitute teacher and special education paraprofessional positions. Please visit www.teachersoncall.com > Apply Now to complete an online application for employment, or don't hesitate to contact TOC directly at 1-800-713-4439 with questions or for more information.
If you are already employed by Teachers On Call in a surrounding district, please contact them for access to Willmar Public Schools. You need not reapply.