Willmar Public Schools offers all employees the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in the Willmar Public School's 403(b) Plan. Your contributions are made pre-tax through payroll deductions. Some bargaining groups also have a matching contribution. Please refer to your master agreement or the employee handbook for contribution amounts. The information below is educational and is also intended to help with the enrollment process. You may enroll at any time, but requesting any associated matching funds must be done according to the terms of your master agreement.
How much can I contribute?
In general, you may contribute up to $19,500 in 2021. This amount may be adjusted annually. If you are least 50 years old and/or you have completed at least 15 years of service, you may also be able to make additional catch-up contributions. Each catch-up has its own limits. Please work with your individual agent if this is an option you would like to pursue.
How to Enroll
- Select an investment provider. Refer to the list of Providers below. We encourage you to contact them to inquire about their services before making a decision on which provider/representative to work with.
- Complete a new Salary Reduction Agreement. Return to Connie Jensen in Benefits.
- Complete the investment provider specific enrollment material. This will come from your provider to your home address.
Note: If you have a current investment provider outside of the District's providers, you may have them contact the District provider/representative of your choice.
Tools and Resources
- Salary Reduction Agreement
- 403b Plan Information for Employees & Advisors - TSA Consulting Group
- WPS 403b PowerPoint