Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a special place for you and your young children (ages birth-5). It’s a place where you can make friends with other parents who have children the same age as yours, share the same concerns and same joys and challenges that you do. It’s a place where your child has the opportunity to play with other children in a safe, supportive environment just right for his or her age. It’s a place where caring licensed staff who understand children and parenting come together with families to support parents and children on their journey.
- Parent/Child Classes
- Parent Only Classes
- Special Events
- Field Trips
- Guest Speakers
- Home Visits
- Sibling Care
What can my family expect from ECFE?
- support in the role of parenting
- information on child development
- creative and fun activities to with your infant, toddler, and preschooler
- information about community resources
- classes with other parents of young children
- home visits to talk one on one with a Parent Educator
- fun, family events
What will we do during typical ECFE class?
- Parent/Child Interaction– Parents and Children explore the learning centers in the room.
- Circle Time - Parents and Children are lead through songs, stories and games by the Early Childhood Teacher
- Child Time - Children spend time with friends and early childhood teacher exploring and Learning
- Parent Discussion– Parents and Parent Educator share information and discuss topics of choice.
Be sure to like Willmar Early Childhood Family Programs on Facebook at @willmarecfp.