Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a special place for you and your young children ages birth-5. You can make friends with other parents who have children the same age as yours and share concerns, joys and challenges. Your child can play and learn with other children in a safe, supportive environment that is just right for their age. Our caring licensed staff who understand children and parenting are excited to partner with and support you and your child on your journey.
A typical ECFE class includes...
- Parent/Child Interaction – Parents and children explore the learning centers in the room
- Circle Time – Parents and children are lead through songs, stories and games by the early childhood teacher
- Child Time– Children spend time with friends and the early childhood teacher exploring and learning
- Parent Discussion – Parents and our trained parent educator share information and discuss topics of choice
During ECFE your family will receive…
- support in the role of parenting
- information on child development
- creative and fun activities to with your infant, toddler, and preschooler
- information about community resources
- classes with other parents of young children
- home visits to talk one on one with a parent educator
- fun, family events
Upcoming ECFE Classes
Our variety of ECFE classes and opportunities are meant to meet the needs of all our families and students. With classes that focus on art to music to STEAM to much more, we can’t wait to engage with you and your child!
Remember to like Willmar Early Childhood Family Programs on Facebook for resources, videos, registration reminders and more.